Welcome to the BIOMIG web-site!
The BIO-Medical Informatics Group (BIOMIG) was formed in 1996, and since then it is actively involved in research and development of various techniques related to medical image processing and medical informatics. Over the years, BIOMIG formed partnerships with various clinics as well as national and private hospitals in Greece and Europe.
BIOMIG is actively involved in the following research areas:
- Medical Image Processing
- Digital Biosignal Processing
- Automatic Registration and Fusion of Multidimensional Medical Data
- Visualization of Medical Data
- Neuroimaging Applications
- Optimization Techniques and Application to Bioinformatics
- Development of Decision Support Systems in Medicine
- Medical Information Systems
- Tele-medicine Applications
- Sensor Data Acquisition and Modelling for Biomedical Applications
Currently BIOMIG focuses on developing software for medical imaging/processing applications, based on the following tools/technologies:
- C/C++/C#/Java/Python programming languages
- The Matlab platform
- The Insight Toolkit (ITK) library
- The Visualization Toolkit (VTK) library
- The Point Cloud Library (PCL)
- The FMRIB Software Library (FSL)
- The NVIDIA Compute Unified Device Architecture (CUDA)
- The Android Software Development Kit
Since 1996, BIOMIG was actively involved in numerous projects, both National and European, and research activities.
BIOMIG affiliates to the Microwave & Fiber Optics Laboratory of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the National Technical University of Athens. It is also part of the Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS).